Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Sunbirds Rocked @ SCMS 2012



Congratulations to all Sunbird participants for outdoing yourselves and achieving your dream goals of achieving Personal Bests (PBs) and desirable performances at the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore (SCMS) 2012.

It was our pleasure to work with you and train together during the 12-weeks of Ops Sunbird structured marathon training.  We are heartened  by your successes at the SCMS and other overseas marathons from your dedication and commitment at Sunbird training.  


The following are some of the kind words you have for Ops Sunbird training and Team FatBird. Although we can only extract a sample of the strong endorsement you have for the Sunbird training, it is in no way all of the great feelings the rest of the Sunbirds have for us in your hearts.  Do feel free to post into facebook or write to training@teamfatbird.com for your feedback and areas of improvement for our Team FatBird's training programs.



Thank xiu fang, eric and all happy group trainers for your patience and guidance during Ops Sunbird training. I am a happy marathoner now

- Alan Ong, Group 3 Sunbird, Full Marathon


Mission accomplished. Thank you Team Fatbird and the trainers in Group 1 for a memorable 2012 running season.

- Melvyn Teo, Group 1 Sunbird, Full Marathon PB


I had an awesome journey with TeamFatbird Running. Totally enjoyed the training session during Operation Sunbird. From the excellent training program, experience pacers, weekly tips, hydration support, comraderie and endless encouragement. Three cheers to the TFB's team of dedicated runners. I look forward to more runs with all of you! Thanks for the wonderful experience!

- Kelly Ho, Group 3 Sunbird, Full Marathon PB


The only runner in the happy group is happy. Never thought I could do it in Singapore (especially with only 7 weeks of training). Thanks Fatbird! 

- Marc Rakotomalala, Sunbird Happy Group, Full Marathon target achieved


I'm from Happy Group too, but now even HAPPIER! 30min off last year's timing! YES! My Personal Best! Special thanks to the Sunbird Happy Group pace guides.

- See Liting, Sunbird Happy Group, Full Marathon PB


As compared to SCMS 2011, there is improvement of 40 mins.  Once again, I would like to thank Team FatBird (TFB) pacers and organizer for a wonderful 12 weeks training program. If time permit, hope to train with TFB again.

- Ghee Koon, Sunbird Group 2, Full Marathon PB


I have enjoyed the Sunbird training program and managed to achieve the target group pace in my HM yesterday despite my ITB pain strikes me again after the 16km mark and I have to drag myself to Padang. Thanks to all my Sunbird group 4 pacers especially Bev Sum and Huang XiuFang whom I have been clinging onto their pace during each training that I managed to run consistently now.

- Nelvis Cheong, Sunbird Group 4, Half Marathon PB


Thanks Fatbird for the trainings! Despite not consistently maintain the routine, I still able to maintain my sub two for 21 km. this is all becoz the foundation built up during the period of training with FatBird.! 

- Alvin Wong, Sunbird Group 1, Half Marathon sub-2h


It was a privilege as well as an enjoyable experience to train with the TFB. Personally, to be able to finish the event in "one piece" and without adverse effects is a personal victory.

- David Poon, Sunbird Group 4, Full Marathon (Veteran)


I would like to say a big thank you to all pacers n organisers of TFB runs!! Being a supporter of Ops Kingfisher 2012 n Ops Sunbird 2012 had bettered my last year's first marathon time by almost an hour!! Did a PB of 3:24 today n it wouldn't hv been possible without the early morning weekend runs of Ops Sunbird n the interval track sessions of Ops Kingfisher.. Thanks again!!

- Colin Chua, Sunbird Group 1, Full Marathon PB


Thank u TFB! I could not have completed my first marathon without your training!

- Shamala Thilarajah, Sunbird Group 3, Full Marathon PB


Completed the Standard Chartered Marathonmawith net time of 4:24:05.75 with 20 minutes improvement from my first marathon attempt 4:44:30.74 which I recorded at Sundown Marathon 2012. Thanks Operation Sunbird (Team FatBird) for helping me to achieved this PB!

- Jayson Javier, Sunbird Group 1, Full Marathon PB


i thoroughly enjoyed d camaradie we've shared together during the trainings n today's race (SCMS12)... it was great to have fellow Sunbirds cheering each another on as we passed by each other ;) n thanx to all the training most of us got a PB! today may mark the end of Op Sunbird but i'm sure this is only the beginning for greater things to come! thanx

- Sharon Goh, Sunbird Group 3, Full Marathon PB


Thanks to the FatBird training runs. Got my PB !

- Tan Yee Chieng, Sunbird Group 1, Full Marathon PB


Kevin, tks for pacing me today. without u, i would have give up half way. i am happy with my 2h07m timing, though it is not pb but i really think this is a run, after halting training for a mth due to work commitment. thanks Kevin & Team FatBird

- Ng Choon Guan, Sunbird Group 1, Half Marathon


On target n PB! Tks to TFB training run.

- Peh Chan Guan, Sunbird Group 1, Half Marathon PB


Had a great run & PB!! Thanks to Kevin & Choon Guan (red & green light) for looking out for me & the encouragement!!! Team Fatbird rocks!

- Ng Ley Cheng, Sunbird Group 1, Half Marathon PB


Thanks to Team Fatbird I completed my first marathon. Thoroughly enjoyed the training program (despite waking up so early every Sunday morning.. Haha..). Thanks to the trainers for sharing their experiences and giving advices, especially when I have problem with ITB. Hope to run with you all again!

- Stanley Haryoto, Sunbird Group 3, Full Marathon PB


Completed my maiden full marathon:) And I'm happy with what I see on my watch!  Thanks to Ops Sunbird and Team FatBird!

- Adelene Ho, Sunbird Group 3, Full Marathon PB


No expectation for my first FM but I smiled when I see the stat. I ran passed more people than they ran passed me in the final 12km, Thanks to all the MR, MF, LP training with Ops Sunbird.

- Katherine Lim, Sunbird Group 3, Full Marathon PB


Thanks, Eric for the pacing...I have a great first 21k run with the Happy Group

- Lim Yong Meng, Sunbird Group 3, Half Marathon target achieved


Congrats to all Sunbirds n TFB runners. Awesome effort fm everyone. Thanks to the 12 weeks of hard trg most of us did well. Special thanks to all the grp 2 pacers Steven n company. Completed my race this morning at Macau with a new pb 4:01. 

- Ronnie Goh, Sunbird Group 1, Full Marathon PB (at Macau Marathon)

...